Information to Apply
Information to Apply
We would first suggest you locate a suitable training program in your area to begin this process. You can search through our library of locations on the training page to find an establishment near you.
- 1. Apply in writing with your city or county sheriff. (Must be 21 years old)
- 2. Submit written application, certificate of training and $100.
- 3. Present DL or Military ID.
- 4. Sheriff will fingerprint applicant.
- 5. Sheriff must deny or issue within 45 days.
- 6. If approved, sheriff must issue within 3 days.
- 7. Once approved, must sign certificate at sheriff’s office.
- 8. After picking up, must take certificate to DMV w/in 7 days.
- 9. DMV will place an endorsement on a DL or state ID.
- 1. Completed Application
- 2. Photocopy of a firearms safety training certificate
- 3. Driver’s License or Military ID with orders.
- 4. Nonrefundable Fee of $100
*Renewals are $50 every three years.
- 1. Sheriff or Sheriff designee issues Concealed Carry Certificate of Qualification and enters corresponding information in the Missouri Uniform Law Enforcement System (MULES). The CCW endorsement cannot be added until the information has been accurately entered in MULES.
- 2. Applicant brings Concealed Carry Certificate of Qualification to licensing office
- 3. Office personnel verify authenticity of Concealed Carry Certificate of Qualification. If the Concealed Carry Certificate of Qualification information has not been accurately entered in MULES, the CCW endorsement application will be denied and the applicant will be asked to return to the law enforcement agency that issued the Concealed Carry Certificate of Qualification.
- 4. Driver license applicant surrenders license, takes vision and sign recognition tests.
- 5. Applicant pays for new license or identification card.
- 6. CCW endorsement is issued to qualifying individuals.
- 7. CCW endorsement expires in three years (expiration date noted on the license or identification card).
***The cost to purchase a new driver license or identification card with a CCW endorsement will be the same as for a new driver license or identification card without the endorsement and will vary depending on type and duration. Please refer to the complete fee chart for exact fee.