Information to Apply
We would first suggest you locate a suitable training program in your area to begin this process. You can search through our library of Instructors and locations on the training page to find an establishment near you.
- Apply in writing with your city or county sheriff. (Must be 19 years old or 18 if a member of United States Armed Forces )
- Submit written application, certificate of training and $100. (Note: some sheriffs’ offices require an appointment.)
- Present DL or Military ID.
- Sheriff will fingerprint applicant.
- Sheriff must deny or issue within 45 days.
- If approved, sheriff must issue within 3 days.
- Once approved, the sheriff’s office will issue a permit.
- Completed Application
- Photocopy of a firearms safety training certificate
- Driver’s License or Military ID with orders
- Nonrefundable Fee not to exceed $100
Renewals of ccw permits are every five years at a fee not to exceed $50.